READY TO BE FEARLESS FOR A GOOD CAUSE?
EVENT DATE: Saturday, June 1st, 2019
LOCATION: Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City
435 E Trade Street, Charlotte NC 28202
Fearless heroes just like you will be going Over the Edge on June 1--helping people with breast cancer by rappelling down the face of the Hyatt House uptown in exchange for having raised money to support the work of Carolina Breast Friends at the Pink House. Will you be one of them? We hope so!
Participation is simple. Here's how:
1. Click the "Start Fundraising" button on this page.
2. Easily set up your personal fundraising page here. It just takes a few clicks and a little information about why you're ready to go Over the Edge.
3. Register to participate by making a $25 donation through your fundraising page. (This also goes towards your fundraising total!)
4. Raise $1,000 for Carolina Breast Friends to secure a spot to rappel. You can always raise more than $1000 (Yay!), but you must raise at least $1000 in order to rappel. We will help you by sharing tips and making it easy to use social media and email to get you to your goal.
5. Experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel 16 stories down the face of the Hyatt House!
You don't have to rappel to be a hero for breast cancer!
Just do one of these things:
Make a donation to an individual or team who is trying to reach their goal to go Over the Edge! Use the "Support a Friend" button and make your gift! Or pick someone from the leader board and add your gift to their total!
Sponsor someone with breast cancer to go Over the Edge on June 1! Breast cancer Survivors face fear on a daily basis, and we have a number of them who are ready to put that into action by going over the edge. So set up your fundraising page and let everyone know you are raising money so a person with breast cancer can have this empowering experience! Just follow the instructions above and give us a call at 704-370-7773 to let us know you intend to sponsor someone else. You won't regret it.
Who is Carolina Breast Friends?
Carolina Breast Friends works to strengthen the wellbeing of women and men who are experiencing breast cancer. From instructional sessions to 1:1 mentoring, the programs we offer at the Pink House uplift, educate, and empower. The wigs, prostheses, and supplies we provide--free of charge--ease the challenges of treatment and surgery and meet vital needs at crucial times in the breast cancer journey.
Carolina Breast Friends' Pink House, at 1607 E. Morehead Street, is often the first stop someone makes when diagnosed--a safe landing place with a ready network of support and mentors. But that's not where it ends. Survivors at any point in the breast cancer journey will find community and activities there to help them rise stronger.
At Carolina Breast Friends, it is our mission to serve the breast cancer community in a positive environment. We provide education, encouragement, and friendship during any stage of the journey.